Sugar Foods Case Study
Sugar wanted to run an inventory query more often so they could stream line their business processes. The current platform they used ran a home grown ERP system which had been written in VB6. There were no plans to update the ERP system so Sugar Foods looked to Philotek for a solution to cost effectively improve performance.
A Pure Storage FA-405 coupled with Cisco UCS and VMware for virtualization.
- 500% increase in performance of workload. Queries that took hours now took minutes.
- Ease of Integration into VMware’s Vcenter.
- Only 3U of space required.
- Improvement in deduplication, compression and latency with roughly a 5 to 1 deduplication ratio over the previous storage.
- Greater insight into hardware and storage performance.
- Backup windows shrunk from 12 hours to 3.
South Eastern Mills Case Study
Southeastern Mills needed a partner that they could reliably work with to design the infrastructure they needed to support their organic growth as well as their growth through acquisition.
Philotek worked with the IT team to develop an IT infrastructure solution that could scale seamlessly with their business. This included the traditional tiers of technology like storage, compute and networking along with discussions of future proofing the system as SE Mills business evolves.
- Backend Data was now available more readily and replicated for redundancy.
- Entire system integrated with VMware and backend SW.
- Greater insight into day to day performance metrics.
- Ease of use increased substantially.